Welcome to the Library. What connections may we help you make today?
Virtual Programs and Services
Story Time on The Friends of the Highland Park Library’s Facebook Page
- Baby Bounce each Thursday at 10:00 a.m. - This story time is designed for babies and to help parents incorporate early childhood literacy practices at home.
- Pawsome Tales each Friday at 10:00 a.m. - This story time is designed for all ages. Read stories, sing, and follow along with Miss Laura.
- Visit the Library's Vimeo Showcase to view recordings of programs for children, teens, tweens, and adults. The videos are available any time of day, and can be viewed when convenient for your schedule. FInd:
- Craft Time videos for kids
- Book Talk with Holly videos for reading recommendations for adults
- Learn with Laura videos for tweens and teens
- Visit the Library's online tutorial series to find:
- Craft Instruction videos for Adults
- Let’s Dish About Books & Recipes - Join Holly, the Adult Services Librarian, to learn recipes featured in, or inspired by, books across a variety of genres and time periods.
- Origami with Miss Laura - Join Laura, the Youth Services Librarian, to discover Star Wars and fairy tale origami.
- Downloadable materials - books, audiobooks, magazines, movies, newspapers, and more
- Book Coach form for receiving personalized reading recommendations
- Online learning resources, including The Great Courses Library Collection
- Databases for research and homework help
- Online Borrower Registration to complete your library card application in advance. Please know your temporary account will not be active until Library staff issues you a permanent library card number and PIN by phone. Simply call 214-559-9400, Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to complete the registration process and start accessing digital Library services.
- Contact Library staff by phone at 214-559-9400 or email at email@example.com Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
The Highland Park Library has reopened to the public. The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Library staff is looking forward to assisting patrons and recommending resources for patrons to expand their interests and accomplish their goals. For more information on the Library’s reopening, please visit the Library website.
Although you will notice some changes to services, the Library will continue to serve as the community’s connection to lifelong learning while powering imagination through creativity and discovery.
On behalf of the Library staff, thank you for your patience as we prepared for this initial reopening. We thank you in advance for your understanding as we continue to gradually reinstate services and programs.
The Library is offering curbside service, for patrons to check out and pick up physical materials, at the Library’s Saint Johns Drive entrance. The service will be available during the following times, weather permitting: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on curbside service, please visit the Library website.
The Library’s book drop is open for returns.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
You can find more information and the User Guides for digital services on the Library’s eBooks & More web page. Short video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.
The Highland Park Library faithfully serves as the community’s Connection to Lifelong Learning. Let us connect you to information to grow your interests, knowledge, and creativity. Learn a new skill, study, find a new favorite read, download a classic title, and more. The connections are endless.