Welcome to the Library. What connections may we help you make today?
Virtual Programs and Services
Story Time on The Friends of the Highland Park Library’s Facebook Page
- Baby Bounce each Thursday at 10:00 a.m. - This story time is designed for babies and to help parents incorporate early childhood literacy practices at home.
- Pawsome Tales each Friday at 10:00 a.m. - This story time is designed for all ages. Read stories, sing, and follow along with Miss Laura.
- Visit the Library's Vimeo Showcase to view recordings of programs for children, teens, tweens, and adults. The videos are available any time of day, and can be viewed when convenient for your schedule.
- Craft Time videos for kids
- Book Talk with Holly videos for reading recommendations for adults
- Learn with Laura videos for tweens and teens
- Visit the Library's online tutorial series for Adults and for Youth to find:
- Downloadable materials - books, audiobooks, magazines, movies, newspapers, and more
- Book Coach form for receiving personalized reading recommendations
- Online learning resources, including The Great Courses Library Collection
- Databases for research and homework help
- Online Borrower Registration to complete your library card application in advance. Please know your temporary account will not be active until Library staff issues you a permanent library card number and PIN by phone. Simply call 214-559-9400, Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to complete the registration process and start accessing digital Library services.
- Contact Library staff by phone at 214-559-9400 or email at email@example.com Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Although you will notice some changes to services, the Library will continue to serve as the community’s connection to lifelong learning while powering imagination through creativity and discovery. Let us connect you to information to grow your interests, knowledge, and creativity. Learn a new skill, study, find a new favorite read, download a classic title, and more. The connections are endless.
The Library is offering curbside service, for patrons to check out and pick up physical materials, at the Library’s Saint Johns Drive entrance. The service will be available during the following times, weather permitting: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on curbside service, please contact the Library at 214-559-9400.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
You can find more information and the User Guides for digital services on the Library’s eBooks & More web page. Short video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.