Household Hazardous Waste Collection

Household Hazardous Waste

The Town offers residents two ways to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste: 1) On-Call Curbside Collection, and 2) Drop Off at the Chemical Collection Center.

How To Request the On-Call Curbside Collection of HHW:

 This service is offered to Town residents for $160 per collection, which will show on the next month’s water bill. Curbside Collection can be scheduled 24 hours in advance by calling (214) 521-4161. Place your items in an open cardboard box, with a list of items included at your parkway curbside. As part of this program, please complete the On-Call Curbside Collection of HHW Form (PDF).

Drop Off at the Chemical Collection Center

Residents of Highland Park are eligible to use the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center to dispose of chemicals and other hazardous items including Paint, Solvents, Lawn and garden chemicals, Pool chemicals, Cleaners, Polishes, Batteries, Automotive fluids, Fluorescent light bulbs/tubes, Computers, and Cell Phones.

The Center is located at 11234 Plano Road, Dallas TX 75243, and is open: 

  • Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. 
  • Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
  • Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
  • 2nd & 4th Saturdays only: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
  • CLOSED Sundays, Mondays, Fridays  

This service is free to Highland Park residents. A driver’s license and water bill or other utility bill are required for entry.

Home Chemical Collection Center Fact Sheet (PDF)