The Town of Highland Park Parks Department and Dallas County Health and Human Services monitors several mosquito traps within the town limits. One trap on the east side of Highland Park was found to have a Mosquito Sample test positive West Nile Virus.
Per the Town’s Mosquito Control Policy the Parks Department will conduct ground spraying measures on the following dates for Quadrant C only (please click on "Mosquito Management Map" below)
• Wednesday, September 10th - 8:00 PM-10:00 PM: Unoccupied tennis courts
• Wednesday, September 10th - 11:00 PM-5:00 AM: Truck mounted ground spraying
• Thursday, September 11th - 8:00 PM-10:00 PM: Unoccupied tennis courts
• Thursday, September 11th - 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM: Truck mounted ground spraying
• Friday, September 12th - 8:00 PM-10:00 PM: Highland Park Pool area and unoccupied tennis courts.
• Friday, September 12th - 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM: Truck mounted ground spraying
Highland Park residents should remain inside and protect pets during the time the sprayers are in your area. Any pet water dishes left outside should be cleaned after spraying.
Town personnel is available to provide free home inspections of your yard to assist in identifying possible areas of mosquito breeding along with an inspection of yard irrigation systems. Residents are encouraged to call 214-521-4161 to arrange a free inspection of their property.