The HP Library will be hosting A Very British Subject, speaker John Gowing, for an online presentation of Sherlock Holmes: The True Story. Holmes is probably the most famous fictional detective in the history of literature. He has captured the imagination of readers all over the world since his creation by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Gowing has been an educator, London Tour guide, and lecturer for all topics British for many years. Join him online and learn about how he was created, and how he evolved through the stories. It is “elementary” that you shouldn’t miss this presentation!
- Friday, September 25
- 3:00 p.m.
- Online Presentation using GoToMeeting.
- Registration is required by contacting Holly Russell, Adult Services Librarian.
- This presentation does not require an HP Library card.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
The Highland Park Library is open to the public. The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on services available, please visit the Library website.
Highland Park Library staff are available, Tuesday - Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to issue library cards, assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services. Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, email@example.com or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.