The Highland Park Library offers many services and databases to assist students of all ages with research and learning objectives. These online resources can easily be found on the Library’s Homework Help web page and accessed with your HP Library card number and PIN. Here are a few examples of the many online resources available.
BrainFuse HelpNow - Online Tutoring
- With HelpNow, students in kindergarten through introductory college can receive assistance from live, online tutors using an interactive, virtual whiteboard to chat, write, draw, and copy/paste. Tutors are available online Monday through Sunday from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
EBSCO Explora for Elementary and High School
- Explora Elementary is designed specifically for K to 5th grade students. This version highlights relevant, reliable, and age-appropriate content that’s easy and fun for young learners to search and explore.
- Explora High School is designed specifically for high school students. This version features relevant and reliable content and easy-to-use functionality to help high school students successfully complete their research.
EBSCO LearningExpress Library
- LearningExpress Library offers skill-building resources for homework success for elementary, middle, and high school students in the School Center. Students can also access test prep materials available for SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, and more in the College Admissions Prep Tests Center. You will need to create an account to access these materials, and to save your progress on this website.
Gale Opposing View Points In Context
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context is a rich resource of primary source information for students in debate classes, students who are writing opinion-based essays for English class, and for general research. The database includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more.
- Credo Reference allows users to access hundreds of in-depth subject encyclopedias and handbooks covering every major subject from accounting to art history and Shakespeare to Einstein. Topic Pages for background information and Mind Maps that visually show relationships between topics and keywords make deeper investigation easy.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
The Highland Park Library is open to the public. The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on services available, please visit the Library website.
Highland Park Library staff are available, Tuesday - Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to issue library cards, assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services. Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, email@example.com or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.