The Highland Park Library has reopened to the public. The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Library staff is looking forward to assisting patrons and recommending resources for patrons to expand their interests and accomplish their goals.
Although you will notice some changes to services, the Library will continue to serve as the community’s connection to lifelong learning while powering imagination through creativity and discovery.
On behalf of the Library staff, thank you for your patience as we prepared for this initial reopening. We thank you in advance for your understanding as we continue to gradually reinstate services and programs.
The Library will be open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please know:
- Only the first floor of the Library will be accessible to the public.
- The Library’s 25% capacity will accommodate 16 people at one time. Please try to avoid prolonged visits so others may have an opportunity to enter the Library.
- Visitors are required to wear a cloth covering over their nose and mouth and to adhere to social distancing measures.
- The entrance to the Library on Saint Johns Drive will remain locked. Please enter the Library through the main Town Hall doors on Drexel Drive.
The Library will continue to offer holds pick up through curbside service, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on utilizing curbside pick up, please visit the Library website.
Library desktop computers will not be available for use. Patrons may use their own devices on the Library’s WiFi network.
Although the Library will not offer in-person story times or special events, there are numerous options for virtual programs for children and teens, as well online tutorials for adults to learn new skills and talents. For more information on virtual services and programs, please visit the following web pages:
The book drop at the Saint Johns Drive entrance to the Library is open for returns 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, email@example.com or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.