June 2, 3:00 p.m. - Blackland Prairie Raptor Center
Blackland Prairie Raptor Center will provide a live Zoom presentation introducing children to the world of raptors. These hawks, owls and falcons are well trained and an important part of our environment. Discover their roles in the food chain, adaptations to hunt in woodland, wetlands and prairies, and watch as they demonstrate their unique capabilities.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 1 to register and receive the meeting code and password to the Zoom presentation.
June 9, 3:00 p.m. - Mr. Will’s “Tales and Tails” Music Show
Mr. Will provides a concert for children of all ages, focused on the developmental aspects of music: motion, rhythm, melody, and language. Enjoy entertaining and educational songs about the animals and tales of Texas in this online program.
- On June 9, the Library will send out a link to the show to email subscribers. Please feel free to share the link with family and friends. Please email email@example.com to be added as an email subscriber.
June 16, 3:00 p.m. - James Wand: Operation Read More
Join James Wand on an exciting and hilarious adventure of magic and mystery. Help James Wand solve clues and secret codes. Prepare to be amazed by the most incredible magic you will ever see!
- On June 16, the Library will send out a link to the show to email subscribers. Please feel free to share the link with family and friends. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added as an email subscriber.
June 23, 3:00 p.m. - Virtual Crafternoon: Ocean Animals
Join Miss Zoe and Miss Laura for a Virtual Crafternoon. Use your imagination to craft pipe cleaner ocean animals in this live, hands-on Zoom workshop.
- Please email email@example.com by Tuesday, June 22 to register and receive the meeting code and password, and to reserve and pick up a To-Go Craft Kit at the Library before the program. This program is limited to 20 Zoom participants.
June 30, 3:00 p.m. - Nasher Sculpture Center: "Flat or Not?"
Children ages 5 and up are invited to observe and discuss 2D and 3D works of art in this live, interactive Zoom presentation with Nasher Sculpture Center staff. During the discussion, participants will make different 3D works of art using materials you can find at home.
Supplies needed for the workshop:
- something to draw with, such as a pen, pencil, or marker
- 3 different colors (crayons, markers, pencils or pens)
- 3 sheets of computer paper
- a pair of scissors
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 29 to register and receive the meeting code and password.
Be sure to sign up for the 2021 Children’s Summer Reading Club at hptx.beanstack.org. Participants can earn 25 points towards their reading goal for each virtual event they attend this summer.
Thank you to Christine McKenny of Allie Beth Allman & Associates for sponsoring summer reading.
Thank you to the Friends of the Highland Park Library for funding the Sharing Literacy book donation program.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, email@example.com or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website.
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly.
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.