The Town of Highland Park - Parks and Recreation Department and the Highland Park Harvey R. “Bum” Bright Library want you to know that reading is just a walk in the park this summer. StoryWalk is an international literacy initiative that takes families out for a stroll, and allows them to read and discover their world at the same time. The HP Parks & Recreation Department and HP Library are excited to offer this experience to visitors at Prather Park.
To do the StoryWalk, the steps are very simple.
1. Gather the family and head to Prather Park at the corner of Euclid & Drexel Drive.
2. Visit the HP Library to see if there is anything you need. You will in July!
3. Start at the first sign, which has the title page of the book.
4. Read each page out loud.
5. Do the activities listed on the back of the sign, if any.
6. Have F-U-N!
7. Don't forget to tell the Librarians how much you enjoyed the StoryWalk.
8. Come back next month for a new story.
There will be a different story for June, July, and August. StoryWalk signs will be set out Tuesdays - Sundays, from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; weather permitting. It is a great way to get the kids out and moving, as well as reading and having fun. Be sure to bring your Pool Tag so that you can spend time at the Town Swimming Pool too.
If you would like to know more about StoryWalk, or the Highland Park Library, please drop in to visit with staff, or call 214-559-9400. The Library is open Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.; and Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.