The Library is offering curbside service, for patrons to check out and pick up physical materials, at the Library’s Saint Johns Drive entrance. The service will be available during the following times, weather permitting: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Library’s book drop is open for returns.
The first floor of the Library’s physical space will be open to the public starting on Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 a.m. For more information on the Library’s reopening, please visit the Library website. On behalf of the Library staff, thank you for your patience as we prepared for this initial reopening. We thank you in advance for your understanding as we continue to gradually reinstate services and programs.
How to Utilize Curbside Service
Step 1 – Place a hold on physical books, audiobooks, movies, etc. that show as available in the Library’s online catalog, https://catalog.hplibrary.info.
Once you search and find an available physical item you would like to hold, click on the “Place Hold” button. Next, log in with your library card number and PIN. Then click on the “Submit Hold” button. If you have questions concerning placing holds online, or you would like suggestions for materials, Library staff are happy to assist you by phone, 214-559-9400, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., as well as online chat Tuesday through Saturday from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Step 2 – Receive a phone call or email from the Library informing you that your holds are ready for pick up.
Step 3 – During Curbside Service hours, arrive at the Library’s entrance on Saint Johns Drive and park in a designated Library parking spot.
Step 4 – Remain in your vehicle and call the Library at 214-559-9400 to inform staff you have arrived to pick up your material. Staff will confirm your name and library card number at this time; as well as ask for the make, model, and color of the vehicle you are driving.
Step 5 – Library staff will deliver the material to your vehicle. In order to practice safe social distancing, please remain in your vehicle while picking up materials. Library staff will place the materials in the trunk of your car. Staff will be unable to take any return materials. Please utilize the book drop for returning your Library items.
- There is a limit of 10 items for curbside service.
- These services are for picking up items on hold ONLY. No other transactions will be handled curbside or at the Circulation Desk.
- Please be aware the Library is unable to comprehensively sanitize every single item that is checked out, and as such, customers are advised to wash their hands after handling materials and avoid touching their faces. For information on how long the virus may survive on surfaces, please consult The World Health Organization.
The Library offers several virtual services, including streaming services and educational resources for library card holders that will allow you to borrow digital content or get homework help.
You can find more information and the User Guides for digital services on the Library’s eBooks & More web page. Short video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, email@example.com or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
- By Live Chat on the Library’s Home Page or Welcome Page, Tuesdays - Saturdays from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.