The Highland Park Library is here to help you with your online learning needs, from college-aged down to our youngest friends. Even if you are not in a formal education environment, you can continue your lifelong learning with the many online resources available for cardholders on the Library’s website.
Highland Park Library staff are available by phone and email, Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., during the Library’s temporary closure to assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, issue library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services.
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
BrainFuse HelpNow - Online Tutoring
With HelpNow, students in kindergarten through introductory college can receive assistance from live, online tutors using an interactive, virtual whiteboard to chat, write, draw, and copy/paste. Tutors are available online Monday through Sunday from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. To access log in with your library card number and PIN.
Get plenty of practice with language learning right at your computer. With Mango Languages, learn to speak new languages with over 60 foreign language courses, over 17 English as a Second Language or English Language Learners courses, and mobile apps with self-paced lessons that are available anytime, anywhere. To access log in with your library card number and PIN.
Children’s Online Activities Links
- Arts and Activities
- Google Arts and Culture - Take a virtual tour and explore famous sites, landmarks, and museums around the world.
- DSO Kids - Join the Dallas Symphony Orchestra to learn about composers and instruments. Plus, enjoy mini concert videos.
- PBS Kids - Games, videos, contests and more - all based on your favorite PBS Kids shows.
- Crayola Crafts at Home - DIY crafts for kids and adults, along with educational resources.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center - Login with your library card number and PIN to find "how-to" instructions for virtually every hobby enthusiast.
- Children’s Literature
- Mo Willems - Draw, doodle, and create with Mo Willems in his art studio.
- Eric Carle - Learn more about Eric Carle’s creative illustrations.
- Kevin Henkes - Explore videos, teaching resources, games, and more.
- Jan Brett - Discover coloring pages, games, and videos.
- Suessville - Explore the world of Dr. Suess.
- Learn at Home
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- GoNoodle – Kids Videos - Short videos that provide music, movement, dance, stretching, yoga and mindfulness.
- Exploratorium - This museum website offers hundreds of educational videos and activities on all kinds of topics.
- Peep and the Big Wide World - Users explore colors, sounds, and more through hands-on activities that use the scientific method in a fun, challenging way.
- Highlights Kids - Features educational videos and resources, plus crafts and activities to do at home.