Please know the Library has revised, and in many cases expanded, the checkout and renewal periods for certain physical materials for the time being. The new checkout periods for all physical materials, be it books, audiobooks, DVDs, etc. are:
- Initial checkout period of 14 days
- Eligible for three (3), two-week renewals
There are many ways you can renew physical Library materials. First, you may visit and log into the “My Account” section of the Library’s online catalog, https://catalog.hplibrary.info/#section=myaccount. To log in, simply enter your library card number and PIN. After logging in, please click on the “Account Activity” link, then choose which items to renew. If you prefer, or if you have questions concerning renewing online, Library staff are happy to assist you by phone, 214-559-9400, or email, email@example.com.
The Highland Park Library offers several streaming and online services to library card holders that will allow you to borrow digital content. You can borrow movies, music, books, and more!
Here is what each service offers for digital content:
- rbDigital - Recorded Books offers a wide variety of eAudiobooks, magazines, comics; and now streams AcornTV and Great Courses.
- Overdrive - Download Overdrive’s easy to use app Libby to read eBooks on your mobile device, or simply log into the website to read on your computer.
- PressReader – The service has over 7,000 newspapers and magazines available to read, including the Dallas Morning News. This service is free with your library card, and provided by the generosity of the Highland Park Quality of Life Foundation.
- Hoopla - Hoopla offers movies, music, television shows, comics, eBooks, and eAudiobooks. Temporarily, the four (4) titles a month limit has been eliminated to allow for more check outs.
Quick video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.
For more detailed information about these services and how to use them, please visit the Library’s website.
Highland Park Library staff are available by phone and email, Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., during the Library’s temporary closure to assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, issue library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services.
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website.
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly.
- By Live Chat on the Library’s Home Page or Welcome Page, Tuesdays - Saturdays from 1:00 - 5:30 p.m.
The Highland Park Library faithfully serves as the community’s Connection to Lifelong Learning.