Please know in response to Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins’s March 22 Amended Order - Stay Home Stay Safe, the Library has modified certain services:
- Curbside Service for picking up physical materials on-hold has been temporarily suspended.
- The Library book drop is closed until further notice for returns. Please continue using and enjoying any physical Library materials you have checked out. The Library has extended due dates for materials and will not apply any overdue fines for materials that might accrue during the Library’s temporary closure.
The Highland Park Library offers several streaming services and educational resources for library card holders that will allow you to borrow digital content or get homework help.
You can find more information and the User Guides for each digital service on the Library’s eBooks & More web page. Short video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.
Highland Park Library staff will be available during the closure, Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., to assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, issue library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services.
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
- By Live Chat on the Library’s Home Page or Welcome Page, Tuesdays - Saturdays from 1:00 - 5:30 p.m.
We will miss seeing you in person. The Library’s goal is to offer as many services as possible during this time for the community.