Now searching and finding downloadable eBooks from the Library is simpler. The Highland Park Library’s revised eBook website is now available from OverDrive.
The new OverDrive includes enhancements like:
- More options for signing in. You can sign into the website with your library card, your OverDrive account, or your Facebook account. You can also use your OverDrive or Facebook account to sign into the OverDrive app.
- A new design that's faster and easier to navigate and shows you at a glance whether a title can be placed on hold or borrowed right away.
- New ways to personalize searching for eBooks. When browsing through search results or a featured collection, you can select multiple subjects to further narrow the results.
- You can now see your library's entire digital collection on any device. Previously, OverDrive websites hid any titles that didn't work on the device you were using at the time. New OverDrive websites show you everything in your library's collection, with clear messaging about titles that aren't compatible with your current device.
- Under My account, you'll find a new Checkouts page (instead of your old Bookshelf), where you can access all of the titles you currently have checked out.
- Once you borrow a title, you'll immediately see a button suggesting the best way to get that title on your device (whether that's opening the title right in your browser or adding it to the OverDrive app).
Visit https://highlandparktexas.overdrive.com/ to access the new OverDrive website.
Do you need to sign-up for a library card to start accessing the Library’s digital collections? Highland Park Library cards are free for residents of the Town of Highland Park. Please visit the Library during business hours, Tuesday through Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., to fill out a library card application.
The Highland Park Library is located at 4700 Drexel Drive. For more information on the Library and downloadable materials, please call 214-559-9400 or visit www.hplibrary.info.