The HP Library welcomes Kevin Wood as President Lincoln to tell you about establishing Thanksgiving as a national holiday, and to take your questions about this holiday. This is a family event, and all are encouraged to attend to hear Mr. Lincoln, and ask him questions.
Kevin Wood is recognized as one of the leading first-person interpreters of President Lincoln. He is based in Illinois, and has been teaching the public about the President in schools, libraries, and other events. This program will focus on Lincoln's establishment of the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S., and welcomes all ages to participate in the discussion. Material presented will be appropriate for 5th grade and above.
- Saturday, November 14
- 1:00 p.m.
- Online Presentation using Zoom.
- Registration is required by contacting HP Library staff.
- This presentation does not require an HP Library card, and is free to attend.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
The Highland Park Library is open to the public. The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on services available, please visit the Library website.
Highland Park Library staff are available, Tuesday - Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to issue library cards, assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services. Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.