The HP Library welcomes the Curator of the Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute, of Waco, Texas, for a presentation about the creation and rise of America's favorite beverage: Soda.
The Dr Pepper Museum educates and entertains the public through the collection and exhibition of objects relevant to the history of the soft drink industry. This presentation by Museum Curator Rachael Johnson is part virtual exhibit tour and part peek into the interesting soda history during the era of prohibition, and the rise in popularity of the "soft" drink. So grab a cold cola and enjoy the program! For more information about the Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute, please visit their website.
- Tuesday, January 19
- 2:00 p.m.
- Online Presentation using GoToMeeting.
- Registration is required by contacting HP Library staff.
- This presentation does not require an HP Library card, and is free to attend.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
The Highland Park Library is open to the public. The first floor of the Library is open, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on services available, please visit the Library website.
Highland Park Library staff are available, Tuesday - Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to issue library cards, assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services. Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.