Halloween has always been a great time to get together, dress up, and go trick-or-treating. This year requires extra measures to keep you and your little ghosts and goblins safe, but still have a fun time. Here are a few guidelines that the Dallas County Public Health Committee has released in this advisory:
- Gatherings with non-household members should be fewer than ten (10) people, and maintain the 6-foot social distancing from one another to limit your exposure.
- Wear face coverings. Halloween masks are not sufficient to prevent the spread of germs.
- Trick-or-treating and other like activities are considered unsafe as it is very difficult to prevent the spread of germs from handling candy and other fun prizes.
- Try virtual events such as online costume fashion shows and contests.
- Organize a car parade for your neighborhood.
- Decorate your yard for the holiday.
- create a scavenger hunt or treasure hunt around the house for treats and prizes for your your children.
- DON'T FORGET! The HP Library has several virtual activities, crafts, and story times during the month of October, so be sure to check out the Library's calendar of events.