- Building Inspection
- Highland Park Village Parking Model
Highland Park Village Parking Model
As the Town works with consultants Nelson Nygaard on an updated Parking Model for the Highland Park Village (HPV), updates and reports will be found here. If you have any comments, concerns, or questions about the process or parking in and around the HPV, you may send those to Hugh Pender, Director of Development Services at email@example.com.
A History of the Parking Model
- In the early 1980s, the Town Council accepted the Deshazo Group’s recommendation for Mixed Use Methodology for calculating parking.
- In July of 1993, the Town Council was briefed on the Deshazo Group’s new concept of Shared Use Parking; and in March of 1994, approved a Comprehensive Transportation Plan that included the Shared Use Methodology for calculating parking.
- In November of 1998, the Town Council approved an update to the Comprehensive Transportation Plan, continuing the Shared Use Methodology.
- Various other updates were made in the 2000s to the Comprehensive Transportation Plan, including the five-year update recommendation.
- In May of 2010, the Town Council approved hiring of Freese and Nichols to evaluate the adequacy of the parking analysis methodology.
- In 2014, the Town retained the services of NBBJ consultants through a recommendation of a Harvard professor, who was a long-time friend of then Mayor Joel Williams, to preform a traffic study for the eastern portion of Highland Park
- With the five-year update of the HPV Comprehensive Transportation Plan on the horizon, the Town inquired if NBBJ consultants could preform both projects. With the need to incorporate this and other items into PD-1, NBBJ consultants recommended a partner consultant better suited for the project, Nelson Nygaard - a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with both Planning and Transportation expertise.
- The Study was presented to Town Council in November of 2014, and it was decided to use the Nelson Nygaar Parking Model for its improved sophistication, meanwhile referring to the previous Deshazo Parking Model as a governor of parking demand.
All reports are PDF files.
- 1993 Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- 1998 Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- 2009 Memo Explaining the Parking Study Plan
- 2010 Parking Model Agenda Briefing
- 2014 Memo Explaining the Parking Model
All presentations are in PDF format.
- Presentation to Town Council - September 20, 2022
- Presentation to Town Council - August 24, 2021
- Presentation to Town Council - November 12, 2014 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>