Mayor & Town Council
- First and third Tuesday of the month at 8:00 a.m.
- In response to the COVID pandemic and need for social distancing, the Town Council will temporally use video conferencing for Town Council meetings. Additional information and livestream links may be found on the Public Meetings During COVID-19 Pandemic webpage.
All meetings are open to the public. The Town Council appoints all boards and committees of the Town.
In response to the COVID pandemic and need for social distancing, the Town Council will temporarily use video conferencing for Town Council meetings. Please call or email the Town Secretary (214-559-9457) during regular business hours should you have any questions about the temporary meeting format.
- Margo Goodwin, Mayor
- David Dowler, Mayor Pro Tem
- Jimmy Grisham, Town Council Member
- Marc Myers, Town Council Member
- Lydia Novakov, Town Council Member
- Craig Penfold, Town Council Member
About the Town Council
In 1975, the Town adopted a Home Rule Charter that calls for a Council/Manager form of government consisting of a Mayor and five Town Council Members. A municipal election for the Mayor and Town Council is held on the first Saturday in May of even-numbered years.
Elections & Appointments
All members are elected at-large and serve without compensation. Each member is limited to three successive two-year terms of office. The Mayor ProTem is appointed by the Mayor with the concurrence of the Town Council. In addition, the Mayor and Town Council appoint the Town Administrator, the Town Attorney, the Municipal Court Judge, the Town’s Local Health Authority, and the Town Secretary.