How to Get a Library Card - Apply by Phone or Online
- Simply call 214-559-9400, Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Library staff will ask you questions to complete your application and give you a library card number and PIN.
- Please know if you are prompted to leave a message, messages will be checked and returned regularly.
Start the process online:
- Visit the Online Borrower Registration Page to complete the library card application in advance.
- Please know your temporary account will not be active until Library staff issues you a permanent library card number and PIN by phone. Simply call 214-559-9400, Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to complete the registration process and start accessing digital Library services.
The Highland Park Library is reopening to the public on Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 a.m. Library staff is looking forward to assisting patrons and recommending resources for patrons to expand their interests and accomplish their goals. For more information on the Library’s reopening, please visit the Library website.
Although you will notice some changes to services, the Library will continue to serve as the community’s connection to lifelong learning while powering imagination through creativity and discovery.
On behalf of the Library staff, thank you for your patience as we prepared for this initial reopening. We thank you in advance for your understanding as we continue to gradually reinstate services and programs.
The Library is offering curbside service, for patrons to check out and pick up physical materials, at the Library’s Saint Johns Drive entrance. The service will be available during the following times, weather permitting: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information on curbside service, please visit the Library website.
The Library’s book drop is open for returns.
The Library offers several virtual services, including streaming services and educational resources for library card holders that will allow you to borrow digital content or get homework help.
You can find more information and the User Guides for digital services on the Library’s eBooks & More web page. Short video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.